Thursday 26 November 2009

Mr Blue Sky


Hooray!   At last a glimpse of blue and some strange yellow object....   okay so the clouds came back, but the wind kept on blowing them away and not a drop of rain all day!   Hope it is also dry  in Cumbria and other flooded parts of the country.   Tho that wind was a bit chilly, definitely getting to parts not so far chilled this winter. 

Also enjoyed some tennis, tho it was a bit nerve wracking, Andy Murray in the Masters, still not sure if he is thru to the semi's or not, seems like some complicated system!   Bit miffed that the BBC aren't showing all the matches,  but got the semis and final to look forward to at the weekend.

My new blog is going well,  really chuffed with it, still got a lot of work to do on it.  Want to make my own background and other bits for it,  so that will take up the weekend on the PC.   Getting to know Serif quite well, but it isn't as flexible as DTP.... does this mean I will be returning to microsoft?  Probably!  Just wish it wasn't so expensive,  haven't they got enough money, couldn't they possibly reduce their prices? 
No card making, too busy turning my scrapbook pages into layouts,  but I have plenty of cards at the moment.   Think there is enough for Christmas, may need a few more, but only about a dozen.    My focus is firmly on scrapbooking, which is why I want the weather to dry up so I can get into town and take photos of the big wheel, the penguins... and the lights!   Course I wish to play with my new camera,  it has all sorts of apps for different photos, even Christmas lights.    So fingers crossed for next week.   I'm over my fear of using public transport,  sorted that with my two friends by using the bus to get to town a few weeks ago, and the train on the way back,  even managed to negotiate a few escalators.    Mum has ideas about visiting a Christmas market,  I know she wants to get out, but she can't walk far so it will be the usual thing of her giving up after a few yards.   If only she'd do her exercises, that would help!    I have just watched her go backwards this last year, she was doing so well at start of year. 

Have to say I excelled myself tonight with a roast dinner, for once the roasties were perfect, as was the meat and the gravy!    Usually I get something wrong, but not tonight :-))  

All for now and don't forget to visit my new blog  Abscraptistico  

No comments:

Visitors