Sunday 8 November 2009

OUCH!


It hurts when I cough, I seem to have pulled a muscle near my ribs.  I wonder when this body of mine will stay in one piece for longer than a few days? 

Didn't help things yesterday by taking mum out,  she was bored and so I took her to a garden centre.  Didn't think my sore ribs were that sore till I started driving.   It was sort of a pointless excercise taking mum for a day out, as she can't walk very far, and I'm not up to pushing her in a wheelchair.   But I guess it was a change of scenery.   I had looked at the craft stuff,  not that there was a lot of it,  so I had to go to The Range,  cos I did need some stuff to make a wedding box.   So that has been started,  found a card that will do nicely for the swap card,  and eureka, found the papers for the club xmas cards.... phew, thought I'd lost them. 

Course it was also Remembrance Sunday, sadly I got up far too late to make it to our local ceremony.  Well if I had two healthy legs I would have got there, but not in my hobbling state. So watched it on TV.  I would love to know why all the Royals have to dress up in uniforms, only two have a right to be in uniform... and as for the array of medals - it is ridiculous!   I'd rather they stood in civvies than pretend they're high ranking officers.  Edward left the services,  Anne never served,   Andrew did, so did Phillip and the Queen.  As for the hapless Mr Brown, can he not get anything right?  He forgot to bow his head after laying his wreath.  The real dignity came from the veterans, old and young.  Sad that there are still so many to be added to the roll of honour, and even more left with injuries that will affect them for the rest of their lives.   Any young person choosing to sign up deserves our respect,  they know full well they will inevitably serve in a war zone.  Let us ensure that their courage and bravery is appreciated, and that their sacrifice never slips from our memories. 

Lest We Forget....   

No comments:

Visitors