Wednesday 18 November 2009

ducks.... ! Or Wellies... send urgently


It has not stopped raining all day,   this morning it was still dark at 8 a.m.,  and it was foul outside.  Lashing down, windy and just yuckeeeee.  No chance of stepping outside voluntarily.    And now ITV have the nerve to do a Carpenters tribute...   what a load of rubbish, none can compare with Karen Carpenter.  Just play the old tapes...   let her voice be heard!  No-one can sing the songs like she did, so don't even try.  

Now I got a severe case of craft gremlins...  they keep taking stuff.  I made a card today,  very carefully and with lots of love,  came to tidy up,  found addressed envelope but no sign of card I'd made!   Same with my set of acrylic clear Xmas stamps,  Lord knows where they are...   stored safely somewhere, but damned if I know where.  Looked everywhere for them and still no sign,  I mean how can you lose a whole set of stamps?   Definitely gremlins...  

Disappointed in the mini craft day, didn't see much that I wanted, well save for the tweezer/scissor set,  but that sold out before I had chance to move from armchair to PC.  Contemplated the huge K&Co TSV, but wasn't sure whether I wanted so many papers all in one go.   Bit of a lame TSV really,  a pack of papers is hardly going to whet the appetite craftwise, you want summat to get stuck into.  How about QVC do a scrapbook kit..... ?  Please,  many of my friends would like more of the scrapbook side.

Also having a bad hair week,  last week it was fine, behaved itself, this week it is rubbish,  won't do as it is told, or stay in one place.  Honestly I feel like shaving my head and opting for wigs... think of the money I'd save!   I hate having my hair cut, just want someone to transform my mop into something acceptable,  sadly while I have a hairdresser who can cut brilliantly, he has no sense of adventure...   The mop also needs some dye, a few too many grey hairs are showing thru, I'd be happy for them to show thru if they enhanced my look, but they just drain me and make me look ill. 

Oops, no crafty stuff,  well us crafters also have to do normal human stuff, like cooking, cleaning.   I did both today, in a moment of boredom I cleaned the living room and kitchen,  then later cooked a roast dinner.  Gravy was a bit wonky,  last week it was fine,  this week... well it tasted okay.  Did do a delicious piece of brisket, in pressure cooker,  just under 2.lb for 30 minutes, it came out perfect, slightly rare but succulent.  Roasties were fandabidosi,  as were the sprouts, hey, I happen to like sprouts... and tomorrow the leftover beef will go into a scouse,  along with the remaining gravy.   Can't wait.

Hope you are dry wherever you are.... think of us soggy lot

No comments:

Visitors