Sunday 15 November 2009

At last some crafting.... !


Oooh, getting hard to get out of my toasty bed these days.    Once up tho I am productive, got two loads of washing done,  sorted out recycling.  Thought about washing hair, then decided not to bother.   Sat down at noon for a bacon butty, and a read of the paper,  did crossword, almost completed it - the general knowledge one... 

So after all that activity  I decided to relax with some scrapbooking.  Just been reading a few message where people said they hated it!   Well no-one is forced to do it,  think too many people think they have to produce works of art,  and that isn't the point, it is about capturing memories and what they meant to you.

It is hard to see what is in the picture, actually it is my cat,  who died in 2003, she is still greatly missed.  I came across this photo whilst trying to sort out my photos.   I'd forgotten I'd taken it, she used to love to hide behind the tree, would often curl up and go to sleep there.  She would ignore her bed,  even if it was placed by the radiator.  Nope, she preferred cuddling up to someone,  she would snuggle down beside you in the chair, making plenty of space for herself, and would like her tummy rubbed.    Her other object of affection was the microwave, purely cos it cooked her fish.  She was always impatient for her fish supper, which had to be served at 7pm,  and you had no choice but to put it down hot,  otherwise she'd just howl.  I would try to cool it down with cold water,  but normally she'd just fling it all over the place, then go round retrieving the now cooled down pieces of fish from around the kitchen.   Her favourite was coley,  put any of the posh stuff down, salmon etc, and she'd turn her nose up.  Weird cat, one with attitude aplenty. 

Still got my two boxes to finish off, but it is now down to me printing stuff,  need to print photos for wedding box, and other stuff for my angel box.   Ooh, that reminds me, was going to look on line for some nice angel bits and bobs.  Off to do so

Hope you survived this soggy and windy weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors