Sunday 29 November 2009

Soggy weekend


Yep it was raining...   again!   Will this stuff ever stop coming down?  It has got colder and I am hoping that the cold will bring a dry spell.. please!    I remembered that this time last year I was in Yorkshire, it was freezing cold, well below zero,  and we had heavy frosts all weekend,  culminating in snow on the day we headed home. 

But I have been crafting!   Making my group cards for the card making gang I belong to,  so they best not have visited, cos I've posted a pic of one of my makes.   The rule was to use what our leader had sent us, in the form of designer papers.  This was one of m efforts, using the paper given to me as the background, then some matting and layering, using glitter card, mirri card (all silver) finished off with a topper of a snowman. 

Had one disaster,  was putting together one card, had everything arranged, papers,  Xmas trees, the finishing touch was to be some white glitter glue...  so I got it out, squeezed, and nowt happened, made sure the nozzle was clear, squeezed again and splat..    it all came  out!  Well half the tube did!   Wasn't sure what to do,  scraped some of it off,  then chose to brush the rest across the card to give the impression of a snowy night....   kept on going till I'd saved the card...   phew,  just about did it.  I'd used all the glitter glues, silver, red, gold, green but not the white - and it was the white that chose to dump itself all over the card.  I swore very loudly,  I'd been determined to get all the cards done this afternoon... that mistake cost me two cards.   Cos my back and knee had had enough and were protesting. 

My back has been playing up for last few days,  it has been really sore.     The knee is an on and off thing, some days it doesn't even squeak in protest, but guaranteed that it will the day after.    It cons me into thinking all is well, then next day reminds me sharply that all is definitely NOT well... and that it is knackered. 

So got a couple more cards to make tomorrow, then they can all get off in the post..... well it is finally Decemeber! 

Hope you all had a goodish weekend.... 

No comments:

Visitors