Saturday 21 November 2009

Happy scrapping day


Ooh at last got down to some scrapbooking.  Last page was a bit chaotic,  so went for the simple look this time.  I used:

Gemstones paper
papermania buttons
Sarapapers
Silver mirri card
DCWV adhesions
DCWV light purple card
Two ribbons which came with a TSV QVC kit.


It's a pretty easy design to follow.   I've used Serif to make the template,  and used colours just to denote the design only.   I used 12x12 card, but it could be adapted to 8x8.

I used mirri card for the frame around the photo, but frames are optional, not all photos need them,  I just wanted to make it stand out. 

The Gemstone cardstock does not have any other name on it,  it is not papermania or DCWV.   I got my pack from Abakhan which does have an online shop.  You can get some real bargains there, and those who want fabrics will be in seventh heaven. They do cover most crafts, so do take a look.

 From now on if I feature a pic of my own scrap page, and it is my own design I will upload the template.   Think the blog should be more craft orientated!

Twas a funny old day,  dreary,  so what's new!   Drizzly as well,  I hate drizzily rain,   so popped up to Abakhan to get the cardstock, and more wool for mum.  Usually that end of town is quiet on Saturdays, but not for the last two weeks, it has been hard to find a parking space.   I was tempted to buy a lot more, but as i had to head off to PC world I reigned in the spending.  So off to other side of town,  and all the match traffic!  But got there,  all for an ink cartridge, think it is sooo nice of HP to offer a bigger cartridge, but for a huge chunk of money...   I am seriously considering buying the kodak printer,  the ink is far cheaper.  I hope they make an impact on the whole printing scam.

I'm still seriously chuffed with my new camera, mostly cos I saved a bundle on it,  it has been advertised everywhere else at £149,  and I got it for £129, then Argos had it at its true RRP (just to emphasise the saving made in sale) at £195!   Thought they were being cheeky, it wasn't that price when I looked on line a couple of weeks ago. 

Another rainy day forecast for tomorrow, of  course we're not as badly off as those in Cumbria, it must be awful to be flooded out, my heart goes out to them.  There is little anyone could have done,  weather like the other day is a once in a lifetime event. And so sad that the police officer had to lose his life.

All for now,  stay safe and dry.

No comments:

Visitors