Sunday 22 November 2009

More scrapping


First: the photo on the scrap page was NOT photoshopped,  me and my two friends saw it in Santa Monica in 2004 as we made our way, okay we were lost!  Back to the main street.   We all did a double take when we saw it, couldn't fathom out why,  maybe the owner was a chicken lover... who knows.  But it was one of those photo ops you dream of.

Materials used:
Gemstone cardstock
Papermania cream card stock
Dovecraft Abstract paper kit for photo mat and squares
Remarks (American Crafts) Lettering
Brads and flowers from Crafters Delight kit


The template is on right, just right click on it if you want to keep it.   You don't need to use flowers,  any embellishment will do.  Templates are just a jumping off point,  they don't need to be followed in a slavish way, adapt them and have fun.

Too many people get stressed over scrapbooking, why? It is a very personal thing,  far more so than cardmaking.   I admit that I got put off when I saw the professionals do it, thinking that I could never match them, then I finally realised that isn't the point.  The point is to make treasures out of your pages, and however you wish.   I'd say to anyone getting stressed over scrapbooking, stop,  just chill out,  go with what you want to do and forget all the pages you've seen and have been impressed with.  Just do your own thing.

Having said all that scrapbooking is not for everyone,  just as knitting or sewing isn't everyone's cup of tea.  But what scrapbooking isn't is: a competition, it is for private viewing only.   My first scrapbook was an 8x8, I thought that would be an easier size to tackle, actually it wasn't, well not for me.  I was more daunted by the small page and wondering how to fit my large photos on them... once I moved to 12x12 I was away. I felt free to just do as I wanted, and once I'd figured that not every scrap of the base needed to be covered, well it was liberating.  In fact very often in scrapbooking, less is more.   The focus should be the photo, everything else should serve to enhance it.

I've just done a very busy page and I'm not happy with it,  I was trying something different, but it hasn't worked, so I am going to scrap the page again.

Weather wise: yes it is still soggy here, grey skies,  windy....  just yuck.  Enough, okay,  we're wet, we have plenty of water.... so can we now have winter and some cold, and frost?

Have a good week.

No comments:

Visitors