Wednesday 4 November 2009

Brrrrr....


Can't believe that last week I was wearing a short sleeved T shirt and today I am shivering.  Is this what makes us Brits so interesting, our nutty weather?   Be nice just to have four seasons and have them in proper order!

Well was miffed today,  saw two items I did want on QVC and by time I'd made it to computer to order both were sold out!  I swear some folk must have QVC on speed dial.    Then just checked on what was being sold during last hour, saw the sakura pens and went to order them, yep they were also sold out.   Got all the Christmas stuff I want.  In fact I'm finished making my Christmas cards,  just need to make a few boxes.

Had a funny old day yesterday,  did supermarket shop with a list and managed to forget to buy potatoes and mushrooms, which are the items I wanted most!   Then there was the QVC saga,  mum had her mind muddled over when her hairdresser was coming...   and I still had tons of washing to do.   By today there was a huge pile of ironing...   not my favourite thing!   But I did get a nice piece of brisket for dinner,  so cooked that with roasties and veg,  and it was deeeeelicious, the beef was so tender.   And cos the weather was so awful managed to get thru some of the ironing.

My mum is worrying me,  today the phone rang and she managed somehow to cut the caller off. So I said to do 1471,  so she did and then stared at the phone, snapped to me that it wasn't telling her the number - she was expecting the number to come up on the display.  So I had to explain to her that she had to call 1471, she still didn't get it,  I had to do it in the end.   Yet when I asked her about how to cook the brisket, she knew...  but when the taxi came for her she couldn't remember which part of the high street she wanted to go to...   She's acknowledged that her memory is bad,  I just think there is something more serious going on. 

And then this morning the TV was all funny, mum's words... we've had our analogue signal switched off, well soem of it, so we had to go thru another retune, but it couldn't be done till today!    I had 3 TVs to retune, what a pain, every menu is different, then I had mum's friends ringing me to ask how to retune their boxes...   nightmare! 

Hoping tomorrow I'll get some crafting done,  not done any for a while,  feel the craving starting. 

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Visitors