I had to let myself calm down first, sort of got myself all worked up. So I had lunch, did the crossword, then opened up the parcel... and there it was: Teapot Cottage!
Next task was to make the stair case. Again to give you an idea of scale, I placed a penny next to the staircase. It is a perfect staircase for very, very, tiny people. The instructions said that a tacky glue would be suitable, so I used the mod podge. Then set it aside to dry. Oh and I had a cuppa.
I check out the windows, and other bits and bobs. All of which are to be left to one side until needed. I painted all the inside walls, just a thin coat to ensure no nasty blobs. Though I need not have worried, there is no comparison between the quality of this house and the old one. I know this little house is going to be a joy to work on.
So, what next? Flooring. From the paper pad I selected a page which had thick stripes, blue, pink, grey and brown, all with a distressed look. It is a part of a scrap book pad, still have the scrapbook. Can't remember when I bought it. But some of the papers will be fine for the little house, most are plain, but they do have that distressed look, which is what I'm after.
The stripes were a perfect fit for the ground and upper floor. I'd had to work out were the rooms would be divided.
The house is very substantial, far thicker than the old one, which was basically a poor quality plywood. This little house fits together very neatly, there are no lugs, it just all glues together. Think that part may start to happen tomorrow. The time, as usual, slipped by so quickly. But I'd got most of the prep work done.
I've checked out the windows, they've all got the acetate precut, there are trusses for the roof. Not sure if I can do my own roof tiles, think it would be far too fiddly. The most used tool will be the tweezers, and my very small paint brushes! The instructions are very comprehensive, very unlike me to actually use instructions - but I am.
So, I hope you'll join me on my journey as I build Teapot Cottage.