Sunday 17 May 2009

Mad for meerkats


I'm plugging my friend's new business venture, madformeerkats... Posters, mugs, keyrings and of course, dressed meerkats... who mentioned Aleksandr? Well if you wish to own a meerkat wearing a natty smoking jacket, well you can, £17 postage and packing included. Or any other outfit, well within reason! Just contact me and I'll pass on your details.

In meantime opposite pic is being turned into a poster.... we're just trying to come up with a nifty caption... more wine is probably needed.

Weather was even worse than yesterday, at least then it was mostly dry, today it has been mostly wet, in extremis! Stair rod type rain coming down on and off all day. Yeeeuck. Nowt for it but to get stuck into some crafting. It had dawned on me at 3 a.m., as it does, that I'd promised a friend to make something for a 21st birthday! Yikes... best get started methinks. So I did, went for a box, as you do... well they are that bit more special, she says strangling the English language! Just got two more sides to decorate and it will be complete. Used my new set of stamps as well, quite chuffed with that, they worked perfickly. Even impressed myself by choosing a practise run first, not like me at all, normally I plunge in, either it works or it doesn't, usually the former... so I am forced to cut out more stuff and start over! My defence: well it takes a while for the penny to rattle round and then drop... Will take photos when I've put it all together.

Just a wondering why time is flying by so fast... it certainly didn't this time last year. Then it was just one long worry and time dragged by. Tho I do remember the weather being better. Hope the long for hot summer applies to all of the UK, and is not limited to the South! Get sick of us Northern types being forgotten in weather forecasts, seems to me that the weather lot only care about the weather in the South of the country. Just would like it to start getting sunnier and drier, my preference is for dry and sunny days, and then it can chuck it down during the night time - so saving me having to water the pots.

Thanks to Fe-Fe for info on the forum, I shall join in, well I have joined in! LOL. Have been missing PCJ... do like being treated as an adult!

Hope you all had a good weekend...

No comments:

Visitors