Friday 1 May 2009

I must be running a temperature...


I found myself in M&S buying clothes! I know that is supposed to be normal behaviour for us women, but I loathe shopping. I can never find what I want and just hate the whole process. I even popped next door to Next, and what a waste of time that was, hated all the stuff they had, little wonder it was empty. M&S was however heaving. After much wandering about I finally put an outfit together, even found a nice pair of keks for £15, they were the long length, but I liked them so was prepared to do some sewing.

All this was because we have to have a family photo taken tomorrow, needed something decent and spring like to wear. I only do summer and winter clothes, have got precious little for the other two seasons. I also have a penchant for classic clothes, just want normal shirts, pants... forget all this rubbishy fashion stuff that we'll all end up chuckign out next year. Got quite a nice shirt, plus the pants, and a vest top, well shirt is a bit flimsy as in see thru. Was hoping we'd have some wonder web for the pants, but nope, all out, so it was out with the needle and thread. I can just about manage a hem.

My sort of nice day was almost ruined by mum, there i was all ready to head off for the clothes spree and she asks if I can go in the opposite direction... er, no actually as I also needed to be back handy to take her for an appointment. I just didn't want to be going in opposite directions. When I try to explain she loses her rag... think I bit my tongue for the very last time today. What she wanted me to go and do was something she had the chance to do last week, but she didn't. So why must I be the one who is picking up the pieces all the time?

Then after a lovely sunny start to the day it rains, really pelting down. So I got stuck into some crafting, I really do think I've had a faulty batch of sticky dots, got out my exploding box, to make a new lid and found some other stuff had also come unstuck! Never had this happen before. I used the photo glue to stick it all down and made a new lid. Luckily I managed to prise off the jeweled embellishment without damaging it, and stick it on new lid. Then I made a few more cards.

I've put up a scraplift template, it is for a scrap challenge for a group I belong to, but thought some may wish to use it. I find they do stretch the imagination, and get you thinking outside the box.

Roll on 8 pm tomorrow, when I can have 36 hours of peace and quiet.

No comments:

Visitors