Wednesday 6 May 2009

Oops think another brain cell has expired...


For some reason keep getting birthdays mixed up, had felt sure that my friend's birthday was yesterday. So I sent her a text, then an e-card... then rang her and... her birthday is on Friday!

Oh well, actually it was a small blessing as I hadn't quite finished her birthday card. Well the box bit, hadn't fathomed out the boxmaker board, so while I had a 'bottom' I didn't have a top. But rectified that today, after making one lid that was way too small... oops! Got it right on second effort, and then decorated it. Mind you I can make boxes, made enough exploding boxes... so I should know what I'm doing but think it was the box maker... I'm still a bit tentative using it. Keep telling myself that practise will make perfect! I may just believe that at some stage. I've never quite mastered dry embossing on vellum, which leaves me feeling frustrated, I'm okay on pearlescent card. Just got to get the hang of the bookatrix board!

Now just got to locate my motivation, not sure where it has gone but it appears to have gone off somewhere... or maybe it is the weather! From all that lovely stuff the other week we've had a week of grey skies and rain. Why can't the weather be sensible, do all the nasty stuff at night, and be lovely and sunny during the daytime?

No comments:

Visitors