Thursday 7 May 2009

Not sure that was a good idea....

I had very good intentions, to walk to high street to post office... bad idea. Knee is objecting to everything at the moment, last doc said it was 'an unhappy knee' and boy was he right, it is very unhappy! It is hot and swollen, and the er, kneecap, what is left of it, now looks like it is in the wrong place... joy.

I did get to high street, managed to post off card and other bits. But on way back, I felt myself getting slower and slower, pain was really bad, worst it has been in weeks. And the blooming experts keep telling me to walk normally, well I have been, well as normal as I can, putting weight on it etc, and I'm now in agony. What really made me 'laugh' kind of, was the stupid physio when I said that my knee gave way, he asked if I'd fallen, so I said no, only cos i stop myself... and he said well that was a good thing that I hadn't hit the deck... er... what kind of warped thinking is that? I haven't hit the bloody deck as I have no desire to do myself any more damage, and cos I use my crutch outside.

Interesting to see that they are at long last doing something with our old Woolies, it will be a Home and Bargain store, at least there will be something there. I really miss Woolies, it was great to mooch in. If the idiots in charge had realised what Woolies was all about it wouldn't have gone bust. I can remember the old Woolies, and going in there as a kid, buying cheap pressies for the family at christmas. In fact my mum still has some of our cheap pressies. I used to love looking at all the toys as well... all in the hope that they may find their way under our Christmas tree, not that many did.

And the weather is all over the place, this morning it was sunny but breezy, by the afternoon it was quite cold. Tho I did get out all my summer stuff, so blame me! And I was very good and took up the hem on a new pair of trousers, my bargain from last week's splurge at M&S. They were on the sale rack, and were 'long' far too long, but I liked them, so was happy to do some sewing.

I'll also be happy when the triffid is dead... the horrible flower arrangement currently taking up space in the living room. It really is horrible...

No comments:

Visitors