Sunday 24 May 2009

Nice weekend



Yup, the sun made an appearance on Saturday and Sunday! Well okay, Saturday it appeared in the evening, but yesterday was glorious. But why is it that when bank holidays occur it seems road works appear? The gas board seem keen to keep ripping up our main road, right at a main junction. It was causing chaos as folk were trying to get to the beach.

Looking forward to my weekend away. Of course that has meant much washing, okay it is only 48 hours, but one does need lots to choose from. Got out rest of summer stuff, so that all needed freshening up, and then ironing... not my favourite thing in the world. And mum has also had stuff to be got ready, she is also off on her travels. Feel a bit funny about this weekend, it is the same retreat I went on last year, and which I enjoyed, but then came home to be told that my neighbour and friend was seriously ill. My regret is that I never got to see Mo before I left, or say goodbye. Should be an enjoyable weekend tho, just quiet reflection, meditation etc. Just what I need. Not sure what the journey down will be like, was going to take the train, but it is cup final weekend... so opted for the car. Hoping that driving on the motorway will be easier, it is all the stop starting that annoys the knee.

Uploaded a card I made the other week, made from acetate. First time I have tried it, I first stamped the cat image onto a smaller piece of acetate, then cut out a double sided frame and sandwiched the stamped image between. Then stuck it on to the actate card. I cut a strip of silver mirri card and placed a whimsical moggy phrase on it, then added a silver peel off border.

Weather is a bit iffy, yesterday it was dull, today it has been sunny but very windy, and much cooler. Typical, I get out all the summer togs and the temperature drops...!

Hope you all had a good Bank holiday.

No comments:

Visitors