Tuesday 5 August 2008

grey and dreary to match my mood


Tho the day didn't start too badly, well aside from a mini crisis, a colleague went to cash point and it wouldn't let her take out any cash! So she panicked, well she'd had her card cloned earlier this year... so she phoned bank and they said her account was in 'migration' whatever that means! We all had visions of her account off to sunnier climes... taking a holiday!

And then it went down hill. Began with me finding that junior staff are still not doing shelf revision properly, with books in peculiar places, anywhere but were they should be. Someone must have their own unique dewey system... us more senior types actually see shelf revision as a chance to have a sit down and a rest, junior see it as boring. Well it will get a lot more boring if they don't start getting their act together. Got worse in the fiction, that was a shambles... Who knows what system some are working to, surname, first name of author or title...

Came home hoping to enjoy a spot of cardmaking, with a bit of QVC watching.... fat chance thanks to our stupid local chemist. They stuffed up mum's prescription, so muggins had to go backwards and forwards getting the bloody thing in dribs and drabs, then pharmacist said the final bit would take 30 minutes! Half an hour to put a box of sleeping pills into a bag... I think not, he was told I'd be there in ten minutes and they'd better be ready. Then had to sort out rest of equipment, medical stuff, all of which mum asked for and now doesn't want! I know she is frustrated, but so am I - she chucked a tantrum last night and I told her to grow up. It did the trick, she calmed down and apologised. But the flat is not huge, so any amount of extra stuff takes up valuable space, so spent my time juggling where this unwanted stuff could go...

Pic is of happier times, hotel I stayed in right next to the Pier in Santa Monica, LA... in fact i took the pic from the pier. We stayed on the 3rd floor, overlooking the main street, a bit noisy for my friends, but not for me as I live on a main road, so felt right at home. It was a great location, handy, very handy for beach and pier, and the Kings Head was only a block away - if you ever visit LA go to the Kings Head, they serve great British grub. It is odd seeing Americans tucking into a Sunday roast tho! Wish I was back there, enjoying a nice meal and a very cold pint of beer... hey ho....

No comments:

Visitors