Wednesday 13 August 2008

weary wednesday...


Did I say that I hoped the week would get better? Well it did, briefly, yesterday. I am my mum's physio's number one fan... she is really pushing mum to get mobile! She has banned her from using her zimmer, and said she can only use the walking trolley, and told her to start standing up unaided. Mum had asked about going out, and physio told her there was no reason why she shouldn't. Well with help, obviously. So my sister came over today, she was supposed to come early, but arrived after 1pm... what bloody use is that! But she did take mum out for the afternoon, just wish she'd confirmed her plans with me... I was left wondering whether to fix dinner or not! But then sis won't be back over for nearly 3 bloody weeks... great huh?

As for work, we were run off our feet, or should I say I was run off my feet... my two colleagues did a great job of leaving most of the work up to me! Then one decides to take an extra long break... I was feeling really ticked off by the end of my shift. In fact I disappeared deliberately for 15 minutes... Probably just as well that I came home to some peace and quiet, but it would have been nice to have known that I had some time to myself. Just vegged out watching some of the Olympics... but can't see to get very excited about it, not happy that it is being held in China. My LMC mag had arrived, also had some exciting news yesterday, but not sure if I can mention it or not, so I won't for the time being. But it really did make my day. Also still miffed with colleague at work, she asked me to make her an new baby exploding box, which I did... but I did expect to be paid... but she hasn't handed over a penny. It would be different if I'd made it for her, but it was definitely the other way round. She also wanted a scrapbook made, and which I've started, but again, no money has been offered...

Think in future I will stick to amusing myself with my crafting, selling it is plagued with problems, unless you go down the professional route and craft fairs. That is really why I turned to scrapbooking, I can amuse me, and not have to account for the cost of what I'm buying. The whole point of making cards is to give them to someone or to sell them. I am thinking of trying ATCs... I do enjoy the process of crafting...

Pic is an old one... very old, 1991! A mere child... I wish. Funny how much Venice Beach had changed by 2003, nothing that was there in 1991 was still there in 2003! Pity, as there were some great cafes and bars. But me and my friends decided to hire some bikes, it turned out to be hilarious, we Brits rode on the left side of the cycle path, so confusing all the Americans, then as we approached a corner one of my friends yelled: where's the brakes... so we all looked down at the handlebars, no brakes.... so how did we slow down... well one went headlong into the sand, the rest of us managed somehow to negotiate the right angled corner... then we found out, the hard way, that the way to brake was to back pedal... Mind you after several pit stops at bars along the way, we didn't really care... The other photo was taken outside CC Browns, then a very famous ice cream parlour on Hollywood boulevard, the ice cream was to die for. But it wasn't there when I went back in 2003. Finally the dollar bill, I got all my friends to sign it at our last night in LA... Had a devilish thought, I have enough money to head off to LA right now... do I dare... !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dutch bikes have the back peddle way of stopping ......

Visitors