Wednesday 17 June 2009

Funny old week...

Started with trying contact the ESA folk... no go on Monday, tho did get thru to another department but they couldn't transfer me! On Tuesday tried again, still got the 'you're in a queue' message, or having phone picked up and put down.... grrrrrrr. So tried different number, got thru to friendly assistant, she tried to help, at least she tried ringing the ESA folk and got same result as me, so she was very sympathetic, and said she'd e-mail them to get them to phone me. Didn't hold out much hope of that, so made lunch, settled down with a cup of tea and rang ESA, this time i stayed on hold.... 40 minutes later.... I got thru! Yep, I was tempted to lose my rag, but then thought that there was no point, besides the guy I was speaking to sounded so tired, he'd obviously been hearing abuse all day. So took the 'be nice' tack, and it worked, think he was so thankful to hear a friendly voice, he apologised for my non payment, then asked what I'd been surviving on, luckily I am on half pay and get a NHS pension, so I am not destitute, Lord knows how those without extra income get by. Then result, he said he'd send letter to GP, and I had to get copy of old sick note, and to write a letter, and he told me to complain. So I am.

Tuesday was a nice day, got result with ESA, popped into work, had catch up natter with friends, got copy of sick note. Then I decided to go investigate new craft shop, which promises from its advert to be all things to crafters... only it wasn't! Nice enough owner, but hardly a serious craft shop, it took me five minutes to look around! I did get a few bits, but there wasn't a lot to choose from. This area is crying out for a decent craft shop, the demise of Craft Central has proved that. If I had the money I'd set one up. But next door to craft shop was a magickal shop, choc full of crystals and stuff, so had a wander round there. Tho it was far too hot to be indoors, but had nice chat to owner.

Today has been rubbish, raining all day long... but forecast is okay for tomorrow. Don't mind the odd rainstorm, just once a week, and preferably at night time please. And I forgot the loo rolls again!

My potty garden is looking nice, got some bedding plants for the planters, so all pots are now filled. Gave all the hebes a trim yesterday, as for the roses, oh boy do they need a severe prune. Didn't get one in the winter as I wasn't up to it, did as family to do it but... yeah, they never quite got round to it.

Did tho do some crafting today, finishing off an exploding box, birthday box. Using the bits i picked up yesterday. Spotted the bagpuss decoupage, and couldn't resist! Box is all finished. Must do some scrapbooking tomorrow, got loads of pics to scrap. And my own challenge to finish. Already missed one, can't miss another.

And it is Wimbers next week... must get the armchair perfectly aligned with TV.

No comments:

Visitors