Friday 12 June 2009

What is the bleeding time?


Ten minutes.... that used to be a sort of joke for us medical lot. However it is true, it can take up to en minutes for a cut to stop bleeding. And it took that for my thumb to stop bleeding this afternoon, okay so i was partly distracted by the tennis, and probably should have been cutting an onion, but i was, till.... all this red stuff appeared! There was blood everywhere, it just wouldn't stop, tried two dressings, it came thru them both, then wrapped it in a large piece of kitchen towel and held it up in the air. It was a very long ten minutes but it finally ground to a trickle. So now have a huge bandage on thumb.

We've been having fun at my craft group, Papercrafters, we all somehow ended up volunteering to send out kits to the other members to make up cards. But it has been fun, waiting for the kit to arrive every month, and wondering what we'll find inside the envelope. They've all been different, as have the creations. This is the latest one, we all got the same stuff, die cuts, different colours, it was a case of place and stick... just had to work out where to put the stuff before sticking. You can only do this with a smallish group of course, tho we are looking for new blood, so if you want to join in the fun then hit the link on the left.

I'm also furious with the DWP, been trying to contact them for the last few days, just get the 'you're in a queue' message all the time. I am pretty sure they can't be always engaged. They stopped paying me my ESA, some twit somewhere has misread my sick note. And they've not sent me back some important documents either. One will have to be replaced, and they can darn well pay for it. The great majority claiming ESA are not bogus, we're genuine, I've also worked my entire life, and so paid into the system. I'm just trying to get what I am entitled to. Hoping to get some advice from a friend, she is a manage of a job centre.

Has been another nice day, well it was until about 4 pm, then it went very grey. But managed to hobble round supermarket, was thinking of getting them to deliver. But then remembered the new humungus stroller now parked at bottom of stairs, that would have to be shifted before the delivery guy could get in. So figured it was easier to get hobbling. I still managed to come home without the loo rolls and chips... mind you the place was full of irritating types... husband and wife teams, there for a day out, or so it seems, and they insist on discussing every item that goes into trolley! Make a list, leave hubby at home, and go zoom round supermarket! And then of course there are those who plonk trolly in middle of aisle and then disappear, usually men, and those who have to study all ingredients on label... why? And also why do supermarkets keep changing where stuff is? I was reaching for my mushrooms and looked down to find I had a pineapple in my hand... they'd moved the veg and fruit around! They always do, and it never makes any sense. And could I find my coleslaw.... which was with the salad stuff... and which had now been put with the cooked meats? Raspberries to the lot of them... leave it all alone!

Well I've decided it is summer, got two bottles of white wine, one is chilling nicely in fridge. So enough of all this wet stuff, cold winds and the like... come on Mother nature, get into sync, it is SUMMER! Just have lots of hot flushes till October... :-))

Barking, of course...

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

Ha Ha, I have to study all ingredients on a label too, if I am thinking of consuming new stuff, and even then I can't guarantee that I won't react to it as I am sure some of them lie!
Like last week, fancied this pear and apple organic cordial, seemed innocuous from the label unlike the other flavours but I have been really ill all week with migraine, spent one day in bed too ill to drive to work, and suspect that!

Cazzy x

Visitors