Friday 26 June 2009

Holey moley....


I'm in shock... ordered TSV on Tuesday and... it landed this morning! I'd toddled off to do weekend shop, very hot today, so grateful to air conditioning in supermarket, I know one shouldn't be cos of the environment, but hey, it was lovely to be cool... I would also like to thank the pig ignorant woman who blocked my way, and ignored me even when I said 'excuse me', so I barged thru with a snarl... Silly cow, local supermarket is not that big, and it only takes one clown to block the damn aisle. Had a laugh in another shop, a woman had bought a hobby horse for her daughter, one that made horsey sounds, I joked with her that she'd 'regret it by the end of the weekend', she agreed with me. And then home, to find my nice suprise!

Not a lot of very interesting tennis today, so decided to test drive my TSV, made 7 cards in one afternoon! Okay some where a case of just sticking stuff down, but others, like the above, did involve what I call proper crafting, as in cutting, matting and layering. I am impressed with the kit, loads in it, ready to go card stock, toppers galore, backing papers, card, mirri card, and 3 stamps! All for 25 quid! So when I put this lot together I should have plenty for a craft fair.

And of course the sad news about Michael Jackson, his lifestyle was wierd, but I did like his music, and grew up with him. I'd sensed something big was going to happen, I'd had my usual 'unable to settle to anything' period, had the same before Diana died, and 9/11, plus a number of big world events before that. Last night I'd settled down to do some meditation, but couldn't get into it, so stopped and switched on the news, even before they announced his death I knew he was dead. And then all the news channels went into overkill.... it was way over the top. Very sad, a shock, but there are more important things going on right now and wholly unnecessary to concentrate on it for so long.

I feel very sorry for the families of the hostages held in Iraq, they must be going thru hell right now. The news of the deaths of two was horrific, there is closure for their families, but my heart goes out to them.

Rather hot and humid here, it has looked like we'll have a thunderstorm all evening, but so far all we've had is some rain.

Have a good weekend all.

No comments:

Visitors