Tuesday 23 June 2009

tennis and craft


Well they do just about go together. I managed to get four cards made between two and four, whilst watching Andy Roddick. I just got stuck into the patchwork friends kit. I am a bit puddled as to why they included card stock in this kit, as none of it is large enough to use with the decoupage. I've had to use my white pearlescent card stock instead, and improvise. Which is fine, but I'm still confused as to why they included so many made up cards?

Sort of caught some of the mini craft day, decided to go for the TSV. Tho not for the follow on Xmas kit. Not much else caught my eye. I just long for them to devote some real time to scrapbooking, and not just on the usual suspects, I'd rather they let Rosemary Merry loose and see what she can come up with.

Funny old day weather wise, started off in glorious sunshine, even got a chance to test the new Ipod! That was after nearly being run over by reckless woman on one of those scooters, she was zipping along, far too fast in my opinion. I am slowly figuring out the Ipod, last night I used it for a meditation, then once it was over I switched it off, or I thought I did! Er excuse me Apple but what is wrong with the word 'off'? Instead they use 'sleep' and to ensure it stays off and doesn't spring back into life you have to activate the hold switch... the walkman was far simpler! Yes I like the Ipod, but why on earth you can't drag and drop, switch it off in normal fashion is beyond me! I also liked the clickeyness of the walkman, you knew were you where, the ipod is far too touch sensitive, getting it to settle on what you want can be a bit of a nightmare.

Good tennis tho, nice match with Andy Roddick, nice taster to Murray. Of course everyone had him enjoying an easy win... I didn't think that would happen, his oppenent is talented. I think it gave Murray and everyone else the wake up call that was needed, well perhaps not Murray, he is not taking anything for granted. But it was a good match, very eventful.

All for now... will try to make more cards... depending on the tennis!

No comments:

Visitors