Saturday 20 June 2009

Got a new toy!


Yep, decided there was only one thing to do - treat myself. So I did. Decided to buy a decent Mp3 player, I bought an Ipod shuffle a couple of years ago, and while I like it, it is limiting. I wanted to be able to choose ablums etc. My friend kept on trying to get me to go buy a very posh Ipod, but I didn't fancy spending that much money. So I went and got a Walkman, and got a good deal as it was on offer, that is the next model up from the one I planned to get!

There was a bit of a faff with it, installing the software, which in the end didn't work. Found out it is a common problem, but no worries, media player works with it, as does Media Monkey. I'm sure it is the usb connection, my usb ports are all working fine, they all show the ipod shuffle working, but get iffy with the walkman... so may go back to that certain store tomorrow. It is working, but not sure it is working as it should do. Don't you just lurrrrve technology? Itunes can be just as much of a pain, my first bog standard Mp3 player was just drag and drop, brilliant... dead simple. And I ain't calling any expensive helplines either. It syncs with Media player, but not with its own software... mmmmm... methinks the tech heads ought to sort it out as I'm not the only one who has had problems!

So no crafting, too busy playing with new toy, or rather updating stuff to see if that would cure the problem. Not that it has, PC says the walkman is attached, media player says it is attached, only Walkman media manager can't find its own walkman!

Knee was really painful this morning, felt like my knee was full of glass, 4 painkillers and an ibuprofen later it had eased off. The other day it was fine, but then I hadn't done much. I keep thinking that maybe it is okay, but then remember I'm not moving around as I would do in my old workplace. And when I do stuff like housework the knee complains big time. I feel like a crock, and don't want to be a crock. Can't believe one silly prat fall could do so much damage.

And weather isn't helping, it was glorious on Monday and Tuesday, but since Wednesday, well summer has gone on hiatus. Just cloudy, rain and cold... summer, what summer! Notice how the weather folk aren't mentioning their claim of a 'hot' summer anymore? Mmmmm, and if they keep on saying that it will be 'sunny' when they mean the South will be sunny, I'll chuck something at the TV!

One day left and it is Wimbers!

No comments:

Visitors