Sunday 28 June 2009

Phew... in melt mode....

The sky maybe grey, but it ain't off hot! The merest movement and I start having a hot flush, or more like a hot leak... We did have a nice breeze before, but it has gone. Hopefully the sun will return...

But have been playing with my TSV, the FF kit, lovely kit, keep finding different bits. I've made 15 cards so far, some are a case of peel and stick, or rub off... (if you can, they are tricky!), on ready made card stock, but the decoupage stuff does require a bit of work and imagination. Found also some use for the near redundant patchwork friends cardstock, it matches perfectly with this kit.

Did go for a potter amongst me pots, did a spot of pruning on some plants, and a tidy up was necessary. At last my impatients are blooming, thought they'd become prey once again to the dreaded weevil. I do now treat them once they're planted, this bunch took a week or so to get going, but they're blooming now.

So all nice on the western front, well almost, if my mother would stop moaning. She has not stopped all flaming week. The latest was a moan about Tesco's cheese coleslaw, which she enjoyed last week.... plus the quiche I got, which she assumed was from T, but in fact was from S - and she darn well enjoyed it the other week! Then she moaned about our new windows... which are far better than the old ones, they keep the warm in, and keep the place cool in summer. But is she happy... no. Yesterday I had to listen to her moan about the weather, the day before it had been too hot, then yesterday it was too grey, and she didn't want to stay in again... actually on Friday she'd decided not to go out... then she moans about the taxi fares... her fault for buying that oversized stroller. I just can't cope with the darn thing, and curse it every time I go downstairs as it is in the way of the front door. But what gets me is that last year mum had a pop at me for being miserable, think I had every right to feel 'got at' with all that was going on, but I took note and made an effort to be more positive. But will she do the same... no, she just locks into self pity mode.

Ah well, one more week of Wimbers... isn't he doing well. Long way to go tho, not sure what I'll do if he gets thru to final against the Fed, my loyalties will be divided.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, thanks for stopping by. :-))

No comments:

Visitors