Saturday 6 June 2009

Wuz that it?

Did we just have summer? It is orrible here, all grey, rainy, windy and cold... not a happy bunny. Can't believe that last weekend I was basking in the sunshine... well actually I was devouring a tasty curry.

But had a busyish day, went to support a friend with their coffee morning, being held for Cafod. I took some cards for them to sell, was chuffed when they started selling straightaway. And they charged £2 for them! But it was in a good cause. Shame the weather was so foul, they also organised a plant sale, and my friend's house is lovely, and the garden is spectacular. So the rainy conditions didn't help, but no-one was too down about it and there were loads there.

Then off for a spot of shopping, mum volunteered to go get prescriptions, but that meant me lugging the new and huge stroller out of the boot, and I was not in the mood... so told her to stay put. I curse that blinking stroller - no thought went into buying it, whether it would fit my boot, whether I could manage it and if it would fit at bottom of stairs - which it doesn't. And so into the supermarket, and to a bunch of ignroramuses... 4 women had blocked one aisle completetly as they had a chat... another woman just refused to give way to me, even tho she could see I was using a crutch and was limping, mind you I won that battle as I just refused to budge. That's why I had that particular supermarket, not the actual supermarket, just our local branch of it. The customers are the biggest pain and are utterly ignorant, rude and selfish. As for chap at checkout, me and the assistant were both getting fed up with him, he was taking an age to pack his bags, the assistant had offered, then he queried his change, only after he'd put it in his wallet... me and assistant just rolled our eyes. She was very nice and helpful. Then off to papershop, grabbed a craft mag as I liked the free gift (and what a load of tat it turned out to be!), got puzzle mag for mum and so back to car, now feeling very soggy. Just wanted to go home.... but mum wants to go to wool shop. So a detour, and of course I get faced with choice, unload the damned stroller, and then help mum into shop, or just go myself. So I went, since she knew exactly what she wanted. So another soaking, but the owners in the shop were nice, so had a chatty chat to them.

After lunch settled down to some cardmaking, made 6 cards, 5 are the patchwork friends cards from Kanban, see pic above. Still trying to figure out why they've inclued about ten aperture cards, as none fit the patchwork friends decoupage! Most of the figures are standing, so they won't fit into the aperture... fortunately got loads of card stock, and spare envelopes.

Had nice day yesterday, met up with a friend, we popped over to Chester. We did have plans to go to the zoo, till we saw the price £14! I nearly fell over, seemed a bit extortionate to me. Had it been a very sunny day, and had we been intending to spend the day there then we might have paid, but we only wanted to spend a couple of hours in there. So we headed to Chester. The weather was a bit iffy, tho none of the forecasted rain came. We did a bit of shopping, had lunch and then went in search of a crystal shop, luckily we found it. Got some lovely bits and bobs, and a pressie for my friend, it was her birthday yesterday.

More crafting tomorrow I think, more rain is forecast. And it is the French open final... can Federer do it at last?

Hope you're having a lovely weekend, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors