Monday 1 June 2009

we lost but I'm seriously chilled......

Amazing what a weekend of tapping and meditation can do for you, well chuck in a decent curry, and a bottle of wine... mmmm interesting that somewhere on the workshop thing they recommended 'abstaining'... Hey wine is grape juice, okay so it is fermented grape juice, can I help that? Besides chap at Purple Mango curry house kept on pouring our wine... great restaurant, situated in Milton Keynes, but highly recommended by moi. Great curry, and service second to none.

Yup it was an interesting weekend, starting on Saturday at 5.a.m., I was awake, wasn't due to be awake for at least another 30 mins, but hey ho, I am awake so may as well get up as opposed to tossing and turning. Funny how those cluster thingies don't taste as tasty at that hour! But food and drink were necessary, as it turned out it was a good thing I had woken so early, had forgotten how long it takes to lock up a place and make it secure, plus time spent remembering stuff you've forgotten... Finally I was on my way at 6.45 a.m., thinking, foolishly, that motorway would be clearish.... nope! Full of Evertonians, it was a case follow the blue flags and banners, no way could I miss turn off... All the motorway stops were highly entertaining, full of blue scousers, all with hope in their hearts. Finally made it to Milton Keynes at 10.10., after first stopping at OU, which shares post code with hotel.... yep we all made same mistake, all of us on workshop travelling by car... even the two who were leading workshop made same mistake. Encountered worlds slowest hotel receptionist, nice, but slooooooooow. Finally got to room, and as you do, you flop, relieved to have made it... mind still a buzzing from motorway driving, body on fast forward... and you are HUNGRY! Off to restaurant, to catch breakfast before it closes... had the works, bacon, sausage, egg, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, toast, and huge pot of tea... then I felt human. Mind you, shot of espresso at service station had woken me up, oh boy did it wake me up, as in cartoon style jolt into alertness... My mate soon arrived, and so we explored the facilities, and got an unwanted pest who attached themselves to us, we did try to shake them off but they were sooooo thick skinned.

All too soon it was time for workshop, not that we were in mood to be serious, and so we weren't. Well hey, you learn much more with humour. And so a laugh was had by all, along with a lot of learning and healing. The afternoon passed by very quickly, tho the room was boiling, it had french windows but hotel would not allow them to be opened... WHY! So first workshop came to an end, we were advised to abstain, mmm, bad move, never advise such a thing, cos of course you end up doing the opposite. Probably why I ended up so wired that night that I couldn't sleep. Well my friend's extraordinary snoring didn't help, and I'd forgotten my ear plugs, how could I forget them, I knew she could snore for England!

to be continued.....

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

Sounds very relaxing, I hope you are fully recharged and ready to face the world again Cass.

Cazzy x

Visitors