Thursday 8 October 2009

Another busy day!


Yep, was up, out and at em earlyish this morning... not thru choice tho. Mum's net curtain had fallen down, the sticky fixers had come loose and one was bent, plus the end of the curtain rod had wandered off... could I find it, could I heck. Mum suggests local DIY shop, I have my doubts, I was right, so off to retail park. Found they were stocking a new type of net curtain rod, spring loaded... good, save all that super glueing. Next task was to remove the one sticky fixer that had remained in place, clean frame and then realise that new rod wasn't going to fit.... grrrrr.... so used new rod in bathroom, and put up bathroom rod in bedroom, supergluing the sticky fixers in place, did manage to find a spare one.

And a gripe... it is now seriously annoying me! The way that shop assistants hand you your change, they put the note into your palm first and the coins on top, making it awkward to put it back into your wallet, purse. The girl did that to me in the newsagents, she could see I was incapacitated and was using a crutch, but she still plonked the fiver and the coins in my hand... ! I wish they'd learn to hand over the coins first and then the note. Oh and looking interested would also help. Still I did manage to solve my swap card dilemma, how to come up with a non halloween autumn card, luckily Scrapbook magazine had free autumnal papers - yippee! Also thinking of entering the competition, had planned to enter last year, till I broke my knee and wrist, making any scrapbooking impossible. You have to submit 3 layouts, all different and showing progression. Will take a look thru my albums, also got two LO's to make this weekend.

Put knee thru its paces again today, managed to get in another walk in the sunshine. Think the muscles are starting to come back a bit, got a bit of an ache in my thigh, which is a good sign. But knee was very sore afterwards, I like to think I am doing well, then it reminds me that it will never be normal again.

Well forecast tomorrow is for rain... so will get on with swap card.

No comments:

Visitors