Friday 9 October 2009

A grey old day


Brrrrrr... it was too cold this morning, I was too warm and toasty to even want to get up. Skies were grey, the sun made the odd attempt to break thru the veil of grey, but it was cold and windy.

I'd like to thank the thoughtless mum who nearly slammed into my poorly knee in the supermarket, she finished talking to her friend and without even looking around, she spun the pushchair straight at me... I gave her my sternest glare. What is wrong with folk these days? I hate to inform the ignoramus, but you are not alone on this planet, it is rather crowded and you need to take care when you stop when getting off escalators, and with pushchairs/wheelchairs... there are other people around. And if I get one more 'I have all the time in the world' idiots in front of me at the supermarket checkout I will throttle them! Like the chap today... out came the roll of twenty pound notes, a few hundred at least, which he peeled off, then out came the five pound notes, he peeled off one of them, then the small change... He was buying for some food wagon, loads of bread, rolls, eggs, bacon... why don't they use the cash and carry? Surely it is cheaper! But it was the sloooowwwwww method he used, as if he was the only one there, ignoring the growing queue. You just really want to thump them. Plus they always used loads of bags... ! That gets my goat. Is it really that hard to remember to take a few bags with you to the supermarket? That is what our mothers did years ago, took their shopping baskets with them. Now it seems most are too bone idle to do so. Take a trip to Ireland, you will NOT be offered any free bag in ANY shop, in fact you will get the cold stare...

Mum asked me to get some of the old bulbs, those that they have banned.... I hate the new energy things, useless they are, and dangerous, full of mercury! So I do as ordered, but of course I can only get clear bulbs, not the pearl ones that she prefers... and she has a moan. So I have to explain, again, that they have been banned... I did get an apology. Did think she was going to cook tonight's dinner, but she stopped after putting in the roast potatoes... Mind you I am more varied with my meals, I tend to cook what I fancy, so if mum doesn't want to participate in the cooking, then she is lumbered with whatever I come up with! LOL.

Did get round to making my swap card, used the papers from the Scrapbook magazine, it came to my rescue! Used an A5 card, covered it with one of the papers, had to make a pocket, so did that, covered it with the same paper but added the sentiment. I made an ATC to tuck inside the pocket, with a little owl, following the theme of the large owl (from mag, glued onto card), with some die cut branches of trees. Cut hole in card, and perched owl on edge. Was very pleased with result, even more pleased that it is now in envelope with a stamp on it! Just have to manage to get it into post box.

Very amused at one of my friends, who has issued one of her cats with an ASBO, cos he took liberties when she left the bedroom door open. Cat's rule, that is all any cat owner has to realise, they just do their own thing... owners just follow after them. And just been helping another friend to source books for her upcoming uni course, found most of them in the British library, who thoughtfully had put a link to Amazon, so we got some second hand, saving her a fortune.

I can also cross off my 'to do list' an order for photo glue, tho not impressed by the news of how long it will take them to send it to me... they are only 40 miles away! Employ more staff would be my answer to this particular company, you know you are popular, get a lot of trade, so stop skimping on the staff! Only went to them as they are the cheapest, I was not going to spend nearly 3 quid on a tube of photo glue... nope. No way Jose. Tho at the last craft fair a lovely stall was selling it for a quid a tube... yes I did stock up!

Still highly amused by Tory conference.... sorry Dave but some of us do have long memories. Nice try tho. And by Loose Women, a show not to be missed, hilarious...daft but totally female.

Enjoy the weekend folks.

No comments:

Visitors