Friday 16 October 2009

I got a cold in the head...


And I HATE head colds!   Feels like your head is stuffed with cotton wool.    Was thinking I'd won the cold war, felt okay this morning,  nose was unblocked,  not sure,  no need to sneeze...  but boy has it made up for it since!     Last time I had a head cold like this I was in America, and got some wonderful pills from the pharmacy,  they left me happy and unbunged.  I hate to think what it was I was taking...    got that cold from the nice chap that sneezed in the seat behind us.... he obviously had never been taught how to use a tissue.  Plonker.   But this cold is here to stay for a few days...   grrrr.   Got some olbas oil,  so I can breathe.   Just need to find summat to stop nose running, oh for an American pharmacy....   They don't seem to care over there, here well if you pick up a bottle of cough medicine (like I did) you get the 3rd degree, is a productive cough or non productive,  do you want drowsy or non drowsy.... actually what I want is something to stop all these symptoms....    Oh can' t do that....    

Happy with meself cos I just found an old Barbra Streisand, One Voice, which I had on video, then foolishly let a friend borrow it.  Needless to say I never saw it again.  Last time I did a search for it,  it was an extortionate price,  this time it was a fiver to download onto my Ipod.  But I am tempted to also go back and buy the DVD.   The concert was held in her 'backyard'...   in Malibu!   She is tho one of my favourite artists.   I've reached that age where I don't care what others think of my music tastes, I just buy what I like,  and have to say that Itunes does make life easier.  Mind you I usually find the stuff on Amazon, then see if Itunes has it.    Same applies to fashion, I buy what I like and what suits me, always have,  stuff all this being a slave to fashion. I wince when I see my nieces in their pointy shoes and boots, both admit that they're not comfy.... so why wear them?   Which is why I like Clarks shoes,  dead comfy. 

Annoying.... the supermarket.  For whatever reason the local nursery decided that Friday, mid morning, would be a great time to bring along all the toddlers, in the huge pushchair thing they have...    This was purely an exercise so the nursery assistants could get their shopping.     This huge pushchair thing they have takes up an entire aisle of local supermarket... leaving the rest of us with nowhere to go.    I knew what I wanted,  baked spuds,  some chicken,  branston, cake, milk...  and with a bunged up nose, just wanted to be in and out toot sweet.  So why oh why did I manage to choose the slow checkout....   operated by a young man, pleasant enough, but obviously very bored and thinking he was meant for higher things?    And the woman who couldn't figure out how to put together 42p in change....   oh please!   And the icing on the cake, well that had to be the baffled husband, obviously instructed to return trolley, those that you have to pay a pound to use (which you get back). Well there he was,  scratching head, standing over trolley... why?  Cos there weren't any other trolleys around and he had no idea of how to get his pound back.   Big issue chap sorted him out in the end. 

Weekend weather is looking good, but will I be able to go and enjoy it?  Got to go get 3 tickets for shiverpool,  a ghostly trip around my local town on halloween!  Me and two friends, who are both up for it. Why am I thinking none of us will sleep that night?   

Have a good weekend all. 

Oh, pic, two daft owls,   well they tickled my sense of humour!

2 comments:

Fe-Fe said...

Hi Cass
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. We've all hed head colds and Ellie had a viral gastroenteritus bug that is flying round her school at the moment. Luckily the rest of us didn't catch that one!

Hope you feel better soon.

Your owls are gorgeous. They do look great.

Hugs
Fe x

Cazzy said...

I like the owls, hope you feel better soon Cass.

Cazzy x

Visitors