Saturday 24 October 2009

How much longer?


Is this blooming virus going to hang around, I am fed up with it. It is also sneaky,  you can wake up in the morning and you feel okayish,  then within about half an hour you are back to grotty.  Like today, I actually woke up feeling human,  I'd managed to get a good nights sleep, without waking up to have a coughing fit.  So went off to get food supplies, and by time I'd driven to supermarket I felt lousy.  So home for more R&R, but with a tonic I got from chemist,  hoping that will help get rid of this thing.

On upside, I went on line to play lotto,  and played an instant win game and guess what?  I won £75!  I nearly fell off my seat.  That means I can buy my new camera, was looking for a new digital camera but they were all a bit pricey, now I got enough :-)) 

Another high spot was finally tidying up my stash, well it had to be done, I pulled open the card stock drawer and stuff fell out.  So two hours later it was all neat and tidy, plus I got rid of a lot of junk,  all those bits of paper, card that you tell yourself you'll use at some point, but of course you forget all about them and so they just gather dust.   If  I had a craft room it would be different, I could have a scraps section, but space is limited, so I can't hang on to every single thing.   I'm glad I did it, it had been bugging me for weeks. 

Also had the most delicious sausages last night,  Porkinsons,  boy were they scrummy. Only got them cos they were on offer.   They were even delicious cold,  well I cooked the lot, all six,  so the remaining two got scoffed during the evening by me and mum.   And my curry the previous evening was a success, usually my first of the 'season' is rubbish, but not this time,  that must mean that the next one will be yucky.   Funny, before I'd do the fancy stuff, while mum would take care of the basic fayre, such as roasts, stews etc,  now it is all down to me.  I can cook a roast, but just never had to do it on a regular basis.   Now just need to master the stew... 

Oops, being skyped, hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Visitors