Monday 19 October 2009

What a day!!


Was feeling a bit better, so thought I'd go see if I could get the right colour card for my scrap challenge project.  So off I goes to The Range,  did pick up a bargain, some lovely papers for 1.99,  and got some card.    So off to supermarket to pick up milk....   find a group of students stood round trolley right by entrance!  They were oblivious to the fact that they were making life difficult for everyone.   It was the security guard who asked them to just move away from the entrance, he did so politely,  but of course they didn't like being told what to do. 

So had card,  and was looking forward to afternoon of scrapping.  Just after lunch I heard a beeping noise, thought it was someone reversing a lorry,  nope, not a lorry or car in sight.  Beeping is inside flat...  tried TV, nope, not that, radio is off,  smoke alarm is fine....   trace beep to phone.   The answering machine had gone haywire,  and kept on beeping,  tried switching it off, that didn't work.  If I unplugged it then the other handset wouldn't work...    nearly tried the hammer approach - well it was driving me nuts by now.   Looked at instructions,  nothing about beeping noise, so nowt else for it, had to go get new phone.   By this time I was feeling a bit yucky, and didn't want to have to go out looking for a new phone.  Toss up between going to shopping precinct and Argos or Currys in retail park,  latter is further away but is easier to park.   So schlepped up there,  they only had very expensive phones, so off next door to PC world,  found phones, they had some I felt would be easy for mum to operate.  £50!  Off to pay for them,  up comes price on till £29.99...   am I going to say anything... nooooooo.    So at least I got a bargain, well two if you count the papers.   Then of course you have to set them up,  could not be bothered to do anything more than plug them in,   I'll fiddle with the ring tones,  phone book tomorrow.  Course the darn thing rings just after dinner,  mum and I nearly jumped out of our skins,  boy was it loud! 

Photo - is of Aleksandr Orlov, compare the meerkat,  it is the new toy being launched for christmas,  priced at £19.95,  and only available at Harrods.    Think I prefer the one my friend made me.

No comments:

Visitors