Wednesday 28 October 2009

Things that go bump in the night....


Ooooh, nearly there,  nearly the spookiest night of the year!   Having my own nightmare in form of uncooperative family.  Having planned a weekend with friends for months I can now thank my family for turning a four day friend fest into 2, if I'm lucky.   I'd like to switch places with me for a week, then they'd realise that being a carer isn't fun,  and nor is our mother as independent as they choose to believe. Or for that matter, cheerful!   In fact my mum has turned into a moaning minny,   it all gets rather tiresome, especially when she is busy blaming others for her own problems.   Namely her lack of mobility, she's not kept up with the physio so of course she isn't as mobile as she was at start of year, yet she can't seem to make that equation.  There will also be fireworks tomorrow,  she ordered her repeat prescription, and I am certain that there is one lot of tablets that won't be on the list,  in fact when I asked her about it she snapped at me.  This particular lot of tablets isn't part of her regular medication,  so pretty sure it won't be at the chemist tomorrow.  So of course she'll have another moan.  Roll on Friday... 

I did take her clothes shopping, we did manage to find two nice blouses for her.  I picked up a couple of tops,  tried them on when I got home, one is fine, just a casual top,  the other is a smart blouse, I got the bigger size and it is still too tight round the arms!   I'm getting a bit tired of having to guess what size to buy, even in M&S.  I also just want an ordinary shirt,  not pin tucked, frilly, fitted,  just normal!  So will have to take that back,  and am still undecided about which camera I want, or rather where to buy it from,  Argos are the cheapest, but they have the oldest models,  need to have word with mate who has camera I want, so may wait till weekend.     One thing that was pain free was the supermarket shop,  not too many in there,  no-one dithering,  straight to check out and out.

But can't work out the weather,  it was 18c here today,  sunny, so come the weekend what is the betting that it will be raining?  Which is why I'm holding off getting the ghost tour tickets,  don't fancy getting soaked.

Nice surprise was my craft parcel,  not that it was very exciting, just some card stock and photo glue - the latter was needed desperately!   I've decided that photo glue is my favourite adhesive,  you can keep all the rest,  this allows me to move stuff, reposition and wipe away excess with no nasty stains.

And lurgy has almost gone,  just a bit of a cough left.  Got a tonic as well, had bought one last Saturday but it tasted foul,   this new one is much better,  makes a nice fizzy drink.

All for now folks.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors