Monday 5 October 2009

Sun shiny day... :-))


Alls it takes is a splash of blue sky, and that big dollop of yellow to improve everyone's mood. After 3 days of grotty weather finally the sun remembered to shine.

So one can hardly stay indoors on such a nice day, can one? So off I went on a nice drive up the coast to The Range, no honest, I did need stuff. Was out of A5 card stock and envelopes, and needed some nice ribbon, plus needed some small tubes of silver glitter glue, did want gold but had option of silver, black and white, or gold, copper and a yucky colour, so went for the silver option. Found card stock, was hoping to find something for my latest swap card, but no joy. They did have some lovely stuff, it is either feast of famine I've found, at other times you struggle to find anything. But they do seem to have gone bonkers for the FF stuff and Dandelion and Daisy products. They did have some lovely glitter stickers, the snowflake ones were just gorgeous, but I resisted! I sometimes buy stuff that then just sits in the stash for ages, and I'm determined to stop indulging.

Managed another 3 cards this afternoon, simple when you have the right sized card stock. Also made use of the ribbon and glitter glue, funny how I can use these small tubes, but when it comes to those large bottles I get into a right mess.

And made a cottage pie for dinner, once upon a time it was me who did the foreign stuff, italian, chinese, curries... while mum did the English meals. Now I am chief cook and bottle washer, mum has all but given up cooking. In fact she has pretty much given up doing much at all, she does do some washing up, but isn't very good, and some ironing, she could do a bit more but won't.

And as for that Cameron plonker... it is all very predictable, they're after the usual suspects, but someone needs to tell him that Incapacity benefit no longer exists!

Sorry, felt the need for a mini rant.

No comments:

Visitors