So attention was turned to making it look nicer, yes you've guessed, out came the dylusions! This time I diluted them with water and brushed them on, after I'd spritzed the card, then chucked a load of rock salt on it, and spritzed again for good measure. Left that to dry and turned my attention to what would go on it. I'm still experimenting with the flowers, so that seemed a good idea, so cut out two sets of flowers, and some corners, actually I had a bit of a die cutting session!
So with this piece drying nicely on top of TV, it was briefly over to something I started earlier in the week.
So my attention went back to the journal, after I'd looked at a few Art Journal blogs, which proved very useful. I do need some proper gesso, local craft shop has none, so looked on amazon, found some at a reasonable price, pity the postage was stoopid! I'll head into town where there is an arts shop.
I realised that my craft disasters happen when I try too hard, or if I put pressure on myself, if I just relax and go with my instincts, then things generally work out. Getting much better with the Radiant Rain stuff, and the dylusions, the latter can be a bit scary to use as the colour is so intense, I was happier today with diluting the stuff. The Radiant Rain is the opposite, less intense, but a little does seem to go a long way.
I'll be back at it tomorrow. Only a week to go to my art weekend! Have a lovely weekend all.