Wednesday 5 September 2012

Heavy metal

No update on the frame, well other than it all went pear shaped and I've started again!  So rather than risk further frustration I decided to do my own take on the Tim Holtz September tag.

So covered a tag in metal tape,  cutting out small shapes as per instructions,  he then uses a pen to do some faux rivets,  did that, and then used a large ball tool,  then added the alcohol inks, didn't have black, so went with espresso!   I did have some steel wool, so did the burnishing,  then I did some stamping using TH stamps and Indigo Blu,  finished off with a metal wotsit round the hole,  brought out the Big Bite,  some die cuts,  and a few die cut letters which were re-inked,  finished off with the sentiment,  stamped on back of TH tickets.   Oh there is a strip of text from a book,  stapled using normal stapler.   Headlights were added to die cut using embossing pen and silver embossing powder.   At least I achieved something today!  

Yesterday was a disaster,  just did not like what I did with the frame so took it all apart.   My new paints arrived and they are yummy.   Took time out to watch a few of Sheena's youtube videos,  just to get a few more hints and tips.  At the supermarket I found some rock salt going cheap, so will be experimenting with that at some point,  it is the chunky stuff so should give some good effects. 

Had to throw away my perfect medium, which has been stored the same way as my versamark stamp pads, the perfect medium, by a very well known brand, had rotted, well the sponge bit had!    Was going to see if it worked any better on the particular type of enamels I have. 

Well no crafting for me tomorrow,  sister is skyping mum, so that is my craft space out of action.  No worries, maybe a day off would do me good?    Off to craft shop tomorrow for some alcohol inks, I have finally run out of green! 

Thanks for stopping by


2 comments:

Julia S-W said...

Really great tag Cassidy! Love the earthy tones you've used and all the elements come together so well. Are you going to enter it? I still haven't done a Tim tag despite liking lots of his stuff. . . .
Hope all is well with you.
Juliaxx

BJ said...

You beat me to the September tag - how did that happen? I only have a brown alcohol ink too but I think it looks great. Could ponder black paint instead though.
I don't think perfect medium and very "perfect" at all. My big one's pad has gone manky too and the little one I got with a set of Perfect pearls was manky when I bought it! My versa mark is altogether much better.

Visitors