Saturday 5 December 2009

Blue sky followed by...


Grey clouds and rain.... lots of it!  Must buy shares in umbrellas and wellies.   One can have too much of a good thing, and I think we've all had enough of this wet stuff. 

At least I got a mini lie in,   hair also needed sorting out,  not sure I suit the 'just out of bed' look...  seems to stick out in all directions. 

Beginning to think that our new superstore should have drafted in a few experienced staff to help out all the newbies,  I do feel sorry for them, they are having to think on their feet all the time.   Today's hiccup was the card machine,  the checkout lady wasn't pressing the right button,  we kept on trying, in the end she did ask for help,  but I did wonder why she didn't ask the other assistant who wasn't serving anyone.  Anyway we got it sorted.   No-one is getting annoyed, think most folk are taking the mistakes in their stride, but really the managers should have done some better support from experienced staff.

The pic is of my 'almost' disaster card,  the one I almost lost to an avalanche of glitter glue,  geddit,  'avalanche'?  Oh please yourselves  :-)     But once over the shock of seeing this huge blob of glitter glue landing on card,  I quickly set to with a brush and smoothed it all out,  not what I intended at all, but it seemed to work,  was worried that card would be soaked  with the glue, but it was okay.   We had a purple theme going on our group for this years Xmas cards, so I ripped and tore some of the paper i had been given, then used some die cut Xmas trees,   the darker ones are made of purple mirri board,  doesn't show up on scan.  Then I just put on some stick on gems, and finished off  with a sentiment...   

Not had a bad day,  had lunch out,   mooched around a very glittery garden centre,  enjoyed a mince pie... I'll soon be sick of them.  Then home,  slowly the Christmas decs are appearing in houses,   nice to see all the houses decorated, do love it when folk go bonkers - tho wouldn't like their electricity bill. 

Also sorted one Christmas present,  just got another ten to find...   Amazon methinks! 

No comments:

Visitors