Sunday 20 December 2009

Snowy Sunday


We did get more snow today, along with hail, sleet and rain... the lot came down.   It was also freezing and blowing a very cold gale.   There was nowt for it but to get on with a few domestic jobs, then some crafting.

I think I am turning into my mum, she would do this before Christmas, was the windows, curtains, nets and clean the oven...  I used to think she was bonkers, but this weekend I found myself doing it all!   Mind you mum at last agreed with me that we need new curtains,  I had suggested it last week and got my head bitten off.    Now she's all for it.   Now I just have to break the news that we also need a new kettle...   

So once I'd done the domestic stuff, I tucked into a lovely bacon butty.   And then settled down to make another Xmas box,  but now I'm not sure who to give it to!   I feel I should give it to Ivy, and make mum a New Year Box.      Had fun making it, it came together quite nicely,   I found my wooden angels... they'd been hiding in a box!     Used my stamps, and the tinsel embossing powder, I'm trying this technique of heating from below the card,  it works well on normal card,  but be careful if you are using cheapish mirri card, as the heat can cause the card to 'blow', or bubble.   

Hoping to get some scrapbooking done this week,  hoping to get some nice Xmas photos of all the OTT decorated houses.   Was going to go out yesterday, but the weather was so dodgy.  So crossing fingers that I can get get out in the car tomorrow.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend,  and if you had snow, that you enjoyed it. 

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

Me Christmas spring cleaning too! We need new curtains, we just don't seem to get round to it.

Cazzy x

Visitors