Thursday 10 December 2009

Oooer, its getting awfully close....


Tis the 10th December, that means 14 days to go!   Not that I am in a flap,  pressies have begun arriving, that is the results of my online gift buying spree the other night.  Just need one to arrive so I can get that off in the post,  sadly it still has a few hundred miles to go!

Will be getting remaining pressies tomorrow,  was in a dilemma as to what to buy mum, but realised today that she really does need a new dressing gown.  I've already got her a DVD that she'll enjoy, Joyce Grenfell,    got Jeff Dunham for BiL and bro,  still got to sort out niece... nephews are getting Itune cards,  tho am tempted to get one of them a nice jumper - hey he likes what I choose!  Well he has so far,  everything clotheswise seems to be worn,  in fact he always looks delighted when he realises it is clothing.   I think he detests going clothes shopping, well most men do.  Not his brother, who is quite a clothes horse,   he always likes to be trendy. 

Well went for the big clean today,  had to, flat was in a mess.   Managed to get it all done by 3pm,  by which time I now looked a mess.   No more plants have gone missing,   hope scum bag is nursing a hernia.   Checked the street and noticed that the wreaths which had been put on some doors had disappeared.    Sad that some people think they have a right to take what doesn't belong to them.  Do they ever think of the misery they cause?   They may think that we can easily replace things, but we can't.  No-one in my nieghbourhood is well off,  what we have we've had to save for.  Just makes my blood boil,  especially those thieves who treat Christmas as a bonus,  more to steal, not thinking about the heartache they cause. 

Off soap box, but a bit angry with work,  got a letter asking me to go to a meeting about my sickness absence... the letter was really nasty.   I am furious,  I have had my medical, occy doctor has found me unfit for my present work,  he said it should only take a couple of weeks to get everything finalised and I could get on with my life,  it is my department who are dragging their feet, now they appear to be threatening me with disciplinary action.   I was fuming, in fact I've written a letter which will get shoved up the nearest orifice of the HR rep on Monday.   And I let rip in the letter,  and I don't care any more.  I am just sick of managers thinking they can shove employees around and treat them like a blooming number or like an object.  I'm off work cos of the stupid council that employees me,  cos they allow shoddy work to be carried out and never bother to demand that it gets put right. 

Looking forward to tomorrow, meeting up with a friend and we are braving the Big Wheel,  might need a glass of wine before hand!   We should have a lovely day, forecast is for sunshine, it will be cold, but far better than getting wet and blown about. 

No comments:

Visitors