Monday 7 December 2009

Weekend musings


So nice to have a chill out day,  a good  'do nothing' type of day  yesterday. Had a good loll in the morning,   then had brunch, a sausage butty :-))  And then did some crafting,  wanted to make a Christmas box for my friend's mum as she is so nice.

Managed to find the last of my green and red card (memo to self: get more red and green card), and found some lovely embossed mirri card with foiling on.   Used my new set of Xmas stamps, that finally turned up...   but managed to lose the lovely wooden Angels i bought the other week!   They'll probably turn up after Christmas, was going to put the rest on the tree,  guess they didn't want to go on the tree.  But did get most of the box made,  tried that new way of heat embossing, where you heat it from behind the card,  it worked on two bits of mirri, but the mirri was a bit flimsy, so two bits 'blew',  so reverted to usual way.   It does work fine on good card, I just got some cheapish mirri, which is fine for matting and layering.

Then today I got rid of old vacuum,  looked round the other garden centre, just to see their 'winter wonderland',  not bad, managed to get a window decoration, a jolly snowman!   Then finally made the effort to go get my wedding outfit,  got a suit from M&S,  did not want to spend a lot, and didn't want to buy something that would just get worn once, the suit will do for loads of things, plus the jacket is long, so I can wear it with other trousers,  and the trousers are a lovely fit.  Also picked up some gorgeous glass Angels.

Today I put finishing touches to my xmas exploding box,  and will pop one of the Angels inside.  Must take photos as i am rather chuffed with it.

Hope you had a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Visitors