Friday 4 December 2009

POETS Day


Not that POETS day has much relevance to me anymore,   if you don't know what it stands for it is (polite version) Push of Early Tomorrow's Saturday... 

Have made arrangements with a friend to tackle the Big Wheel,  82 metres in height...  what am I - nuts!    Nope,  it should be good, want to get lots of photos,  and of the penguins,  haven't told my friend that my home town has been invaded by strange looking penguins. LOL. 

It was another early start today,  at least this one had a result, in that we were at hospital on right day at right time.  Was cursing weather lot, boy did they get it wrong!   They forecast a dry morning,  oh no it wasn't...   it was grey, cold and wet,  very wet.  Will someone up there turn off the tap please, we've had enough, or at least make it the white stuff as that looks pretty.    

Of course we were at hospital early,  but did get parking spot,  and then time dragged on and on.... got fed up, seemed to be no reason as to why we were waiting so long.  So went to investigate,  at first nurse tried telling me that my mum was in with the doctor,  er she wasn't, she was still in the waiting area, next she tried telling me that the team had just come down from ward rounds...  no they hadn't, I'd seen them as we sat down in waiting room!   I hate it that hospitals think you have nowhere else to be or go.... they assume you'll just put up with waiting.    Be nice if they would just tell everyone what is going on, and if there is any delay and why. 

Mum was having a moan about me wanting to go so early,  but I was vindicated when we spotted the usual snarl up at a well known snarl up junction,   I know that it often gets jammed, so had prepared to take another route.   

At least tomorrow I can have a mini lay in,  not much of a one as I have to get to supermarket for essentials, like milk... and wine.   Must also think about some Christmas shopping,  would be nice to do it in some dry weather... big hint to those above!   Also need to buy an outfit...  ooooh I hate shopping for clothes. 

Have a good weekend all, and try to stay dry.

No comments:

Visitors