Friday 18 December 2009

Need thermals....


Brrrrrrrr....   looked out of the window this morning and my little red car had a light dusting of snow - yikes!  Luckily we are talking 'light',  phew,  my plan was to get myself into town to finish off my Xmas shopping. 

I've not been into our town centre since my accident,  well not on my own.   But was determined to overcome my fears.  I got the bus in,  the driver was nice and waited till I sat down.   While it was cold it was also a beautiful sunny day.   Amazing how much can change in a year,  saw lots of stuff that wasn't there last year.   In town I spotted some of the penguins,   somehow they're not as funny as the lambanas,  possibly they should have just painted them as proper penguins,  they were all decorated and it didn't look right.   I got to see the Big wheel for myself,  and the gorgeous Ice Palace,  which is a grotto,  but it looked amazing. 

I did get a few pressies,   just need two more,  well one really,  and a decent blouse for me.  Was also in HMV, and couldn't believe the queue, it was half way round the store!  I thought I'd be ages,   but they had all the tills manned and a bloke organising everything, so I was only 10 minutes.   One gripe, the bloke at the till, he and his mate decided to chat to the girl his mate was serving,   now that really annoys me!   Any customer service bod should take notice of the customer they're serving.  I always made sure I did.

Was frozen by time I got home,  very happy to be back in the warm.   Now we've got proper snow forecast for late tomorrow and Sunday, so I'd better make sure we've got food essentials in,  plus some wine! 

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Visitors