Wednesday 9 December 2009

That's the decorations done!


Had a rush of blood to the head and decided to put up the Xmas decorations.   There isn't much to put up,  just the tree and other bits and bobs,  but it still took me 2 hours, by which time my knee was complaining loudly.    Was thinking about putting the wreath on the front door, but couldn't find anything to hang it on..   and no blu tack, so some stuff has yet to be arranged on the walls.

 This morning I had a flash of inspiration to solve problem of putting wreat on door, didn't want to go banging nails into it,  I had one of those fancy stick on hooks, that are supposed to just pull off easily...   Was going to do this when I realised that someone had stolen on of the plants outside,  not the tub, just the plant!  I think they may have tried to take the tub, but with the soil being so wet it weighs a ton... but even so,  pinching someone's plant?     So that put me off putting the wreath on the door, that would also probably be stolen.   I am disgusted,  the garden takes a lot of work, but we enjoy it.   They're just scum bags, and the plant will die, wrong time of year to be replanting it. 

So with the decs up, also chose to go get christmas grub,  had loads of vouchers, and £50 on the saver card,  so it was fill the trolley and to hell with the cost!   Mum came,  we got her one of those motorised scooters,  she was doing okay till she got to the nuts in the fruit and veg section, then she somehow managed to knock it all down... I disowned her!   Two young chaps went to her rescue,  and picked up all the nuts...   we managed to make it safely round after that, well she came close to knocking me down.    And after all that I managed to forget the blu tack!    But the Xmas feast is sorted,  I only had to find where to put it all...     I finally got to sit down around 3.45 pm, not for long as I had to get the roast dinner ready. 

Now all that is left to do is finish my pressie shopping,  did a bit online, and they're now on their way.    Must get some fancy gift wrap and some bows. 

Now enjoying a very decent red....   think I've earned it.

No comments:

Visitors