Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve


Well we almost had a white Christmas,  looked out the window last night and it was snowing, the world was white!    Nooo, not what I wanted,  needed to get out today.  It looked very pretty,   some of the kids came out,  and had a snowball fight.   But by morning it had started to thaw - phew. 

I had to go get mum's prescription, and did not fancy slipping and sliding in the snow, either on foot or by car.     Outside it was just slush,  I brushed a path to the car,  hoping it would dry out.  Was just sitting enjoying a coffee when I heard and car,  it was my brother, so long since I've seen him  had almost forgotton what he looked like.     His wife was with him, she who must get her own way...   then I remembered, it was nearly Christmas!    Mum was pleasant, I forced a few smiles,  they stayed for a while and then went.    Seems this year my SiL doesn't want to be disturbed on Xmas Day, by anyone.    I can imagine the fuss she'd make if others said that to her.    I suppose tho that has stopped my Xmas day being ruined. 

It was very grey and miserable outside,  did get prescription, tho the surgery had stuffed it up a bit.   Left mum to meet up with her friends, and toddled off home.   Only just occurred to me a few minutes ago that I'd not wrapped any pressies!   So have sorted that problem,  well I wrapped one,   rest can wait as I'll not see any of the recipients till next week.   Frankly, tho I feel Xmassy,  some of the spirit is lacking.   Think I'd like to press rewind, go back a few years,  and find a huge pressie under the tree for me...   Mum is giving me money, not complaining, but it would have been nice for her to have bought me something no matter how small. 

Anyway,  MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL,  HAVE A FAB DAY, HOPE SANTA BRINGS YOU LOTS OF LOVELY THINGS.

No comments:

Visitors