Friday 25 December 2009

So that was Christmas...


Hope you all had a lovely day.   And there it was,  gone...    all the weeks of build up and...   you wonder what all the fuss was about.    Well maybe not if you happen to be 10 or under. 

Mine got off to a troubled start, with mum feeling a bit weepy,  so had to cheer her up.   That was very early,  hence when  I did get back to sleep I slept in till nearly 10 a.m.,  but for the first time in years I didn't have to go anywhere,  nor was anyone visiting!   So it was all nice and relaxed,   got started on the Xmas dinner around noon,   do wonder why folk make such a song and dance about cooking it,  it is all a case of timing.  If I can cope with cooking it then anyone can.    We did make pigs of ourselves,   neither of us could face the pud,  so that is for another day, or next year.    Had my first glass of wine at noon,  needed something!    But I did remain sober,  in fact I still am sober. 

So that was that,  watched Liz,  then Deal/No Deal,  and then Happy Feet - a lovely film.    Rest of it can be consigned to a bin, so much rubbishy films and repeats.  Did enjoy Victoria Wood last night. 

Well got Boxing Day tomorrow,   think it could be Saturday, this week has sort of blended into one.  Not sure whether to venture out tomorrow or not.  Will see what the weather is like first. 

No comments:

Visitors