Wednesday 2 December 2009

My bargain of the week!


Decided that cos is was dry and not too cold or windy, to have a walk to high street.  Needed Xmas stamps,  and some other bits and bobs.  Also on my mind was how to make two cards for my great nephew, one from me and one from mum,  hadn't seen anything suitable anywhere. 

So toddled into Home and Bargain, and voila!   Two sets of toppers...   pic of one lot (or some of it) is on right,   for 75p a pack!   I grabbed both,   they're both well made, as you can see,  all  I needed to do was provide the card and some paper, a sentiment and a peel off...    Was very happy with result.     Never expected to find anything like that,  I have used gift tags as toppers,  WH Smiths did some great shaker toppers last year, which were really gift tags,  I just adapted them.    Got my stamps, almost fell over when asked for money..... over 15 quid!   I'd had to buy some large stamps,  which I think is a rip off,   they're not really large,  they'd fit thru any letterbox, but you just need to get one extra fussy postie....    So rather be feel sure that they will get to their destination without any nasty shocks for the recipient. 

Felt okay on the walk to the high street,   times like that I think I am capable of going back to my old job,  however it was a different story on way back, knee stiffened up and was very sore.  By time I got home I was in a lot of pain.   I'd got back home, had settled into a chair to ease the aches and pains when mum called me to retune her freeview box!  Normally she never watches TV in her bedroom,  even in spite of her deciding that she absolutely needed a TV in her bedroom...   so I had to haul myself up and go do that,  told her to just let it do its thing, and press okay when it had finished.   Went back to ease sore knee,   was sat down for less than five minutes and heard her shout again...   Not sure what she had done, but she'd done something wrong.  Took me a few minutes to sort it. 

Also had to retune two other TV's,  who said this digital lark was hassle free!   It ain't, it is a pain in the butt.   Last night I woke up,  couldn't get back to sleep so decided to watch a bit of BBC news 24,   but our reciever had been switched off for the upgrade...  so no TV.   We've been thru the retune 3 times now.

And an early start tomorrow... ugh.  

1 comment:

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card, love that happy Santa LOL! Kim

Visitors