Monday 14 December 2009

Seeing red


I had to attend a meeting this morning about my long absence from work.  They were telling me that I was now facing disciplinary action... er and how does that help my health?   The really idiotic part is that I am waiting for a final medical so that I can be medically retired!   Only a council could waste money on taking  unnecessary action against an employee.   It is they who have been dragging their feet over this,  the woman who is dealing with it only works 3 days a week, and is supposed to look after the HR side of things for the entire library service! 

I lost my rag,  really lost my temper and told her how stupid the whole thing was.  She rather pathetically attempted to defend it,  and realised she just couldn't.    I am not going to cooperate any more,  and she is going to start getting regular phone calls/e-mails from me badgering her to get on with my medical retirement.  If they pursue their daft course of discplinary action I will resign and then take them to a tribunal for constructive dismissal. 

This HR person didn't even have the decency to tell my boss what the meeting was all about, so it came as a big a surprise to her as it did to me.    This is adding insult to injury,  my accident was caused by the flaming council's sloppy work - block paving that is uneven and lethal. 

I did feel better for losing my temper,  I just don't care anymore,  I'm just so sick of mismanagement,  and people being allowed to keep their jobs after stuffing up big time,  in fact they cost the council thousands.  But this mug,  she stupidly did her job and did it well, owned up to any mistakes,  had a fall and now is the one facing disciplinary action,  well I never have in any other job, and I ain't going to in this one. 

Feel better now.

No comments:

Visitors