Sunday 13 December 2009

Things I hate about Christmas...


Yes there are some things I hate about this time of year... writing cards is one of them!   I do like getting them, but it just the thought of having to sit down and write out all those cards.  But I had put it off for far too long,  so knuckled down to it today...  30 cards later...    which I know is miniscule to some,   I had finished, till I checked address book and found I'd missed a few people.   Think I've got them all now. 

Then I could finally get crafting, I would have started earlier but mum wasn't too well,  so had to make sure she was okay, and also get a load of ironing done. 

She was feeling better by lunch time,  and had something to eat.  So I could get stuck into some crafting, well after the marathon card writing session.    I'm making two more Xmas exploding boxes, started on the blue one first,  well felt like a change from red and green,  then realised I  have no silver mirri card!    I've used it all...  it occurred to me yesterday that I would need more, but then I didn't bother to pick up a pack.  Darn it. Tho I frankly would prefer to buy a pack of QVC's mirri card,  lovely quality, but that will take too long, so will have to find a local craft shop - sure there is one close by,  must go have a look before I head off to Southport. 

But have got one layer done, and the other layers are cut and ready to be decorated,  just keeping it to snowmen, snowflakes and trees,   and it seems to be working well.    Got a huge pack of 12x12 coloured card,  every colour you can think of,   which will come in handy for the boxes. 

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Cassidy

No comments:

Visitors