Tuesday 1 December 2009

Two dry days... well almost


Yay, two dry starts to the day.  Car was all frosty, was thinking I'd have to scrape all the frost and ice, but thankfully it was all gone by time I got going. 

Yep, off to new superstore, if nowt else it is a riot,  just because the staff are so new and nervous,   had to help calm down my checkout assistant.  She was doing very well, then the customer in front presented her with a money off voucher, after she'd totalled up...   not sure she knew that she could void the transaction and start again, but to her credit she did point him in direction of customer service.   Fast thinking, but it had shaken her a bit,  turned out that this was her first job in quite a few years.   Her husband had died after a long illness, but she was thrilled to be in work,    I just told her that we've all been new to the job, to take a few deep breaths,  and just watch her computer screen, oh and not to be afraid to ask for help.   I've had to train people, and so often they are afraid to ask for help, or admit they've stuffed up, I always tried to reassure them that I'd rather have them holler for help than to make a mistake,  or if they had then not to worry as it can always be rectified,  if they own up at the time. 

So was looking forward to a spot of Bibster and cardmaking.... wrong!  Wasn't on, they'd put it on later.... why can't they leave it alone, or move it to an evening slot, or even better have more crafting slots!  C&C are running rings round them right now.   So it was down to just cardmaking,  last of my group cards,  just two to come up with!   Decided to use my stencils and the paste,   was going to use the snow white paste but... it was rock hard, it had set solid!   I'd stored it carefully,  lid was screwed on tight, but nope, it was solid.  So had to use the translucent,  which was fine, as was the other dreamweaver pastes,  checked them all just in case.   So used that and some glitter, for my little winter scene,  botched the stamping of Merry Christmas,  thinking quickly found a strip of white pearlescent card,  stuck that over mistake and went for a die cut sentiment...  phew, another card rescued!      Made last one,  but will feature that tomorrow.

And sorry Cazzy,  no to the car washing....    one is quite enough for me, it took me two hours.  LOL. Yep, another gadget, and quite a nice gadget, only thing that stops me from buying it is that it doesn't cut letters.  Off the hook,   but for the gadget addicted it probably is one to get...   it is reasonably priced,  is non electric,  and the add ons are very reasonably priced. 

BBFN....

No comments:

Visitors