Next task was to make a chimney. Measured some balsa, I used the chimney from Teapot Cottage as a template. I didn't have a piece long enough, so had to use two pieces. Once I was happy with the dimensions then I covered it in the sandpaper, and plonked my heavy dictionary on it to help it stick.
Next... give Harvey his treat and a cuddle... very important, he has to have his afternoon treat!
Next I painted the pavement, mixed some white with black, just roughly and dabbed it on. I had to use my very small brush for the joins, also took the paint over the edge. I added a small step to the inside of the door, and it was set aside to dry. It was time for another cuppa. Tea is an essential part of crafting!
With each house building project I acquire a little more skill, and some patience. Tuesday I did a dry run, checked all the pieces were there. Then I glued the carcass together. Yesterday I focused on the windows and door, painting them, letting them dry thoroughly before carefully adding the glazing. Then it was all left to dry overnight. I also planned the pavement, deciding whether to use filler or the clay.
Now to decide whether to have a go at making my own tiles or buy them? I fancy having a go, which I may regret. Next task is to make the base, it will have cobblestones. More air dried clay, and I may carry the pavement on round the shop. The rear part of the roof needs to be glued in place.
Now I can tell you what else I've been working on - Stoptober. I'd already bought an ecig, but had never really got the hang of it. Anyway I went to our shopping centre, there is an ecig shop and I asked if anyone could show me how to use the ecig properly. I was in luck, after a quick lesson I realised that I'd not been using the ecig properly. So at the start of October I decided to try to quit smoking, I didn't quit the smokes right away, kept an emergency pack for a couple of weeks until I felt ready to go cold turkey, well use the ecig instead of cigarettes. Then I did it, stopped the ciggies, I added up what smoking was costing me each month and wrote it on my white board in the kitchen. So if I have any wobbles I just go look at that. I've had a few, but not many, the ecig is my new habit, some may not agree but I don't care, the liquid has no chemicals and I will admit that with my anxiety I do need a prop.
I'm also sellling my stash, I've now cleaned them up, and sorted them out. Now I need to start photographing them. The dies, masks and embossing folders are all photo'd, sold a few already :-) The next major task is to sort out the black hole, also known as the cloakroom... and to find my winter curtains.
Back tomorrow with a progress report.