Monday 31 March 2008

Monday, Monday....

Felt like I'd been triple whammied this morning, first I had to go to work, second I drew short straw and had to do the weekly cash... nightmare at the best of times, then a sneaky lot at another library had a moan about some stats...

The stats were the end of year results, plus they had our 'boost your issues' day results. Tho how we are supposed to force people to borrow books is beyond me! Our results were healthy, okay so all us staff renewed our books, but that is the only 'trick' we got up to, while others sunk as low as using tickets of dead relatives, issuing and then quickly discharging books... one library was peeved as we'd pipped them to 5th place - honest you'd think there was some huge bonus to be had the fuss they made. So someone readjusted the figures... and we got bumped down: it was war! We weren't taking that... so boss loaded gun and persuaded me to fire one of the bullets by making a phone call. Had to act all innocent about readjusted figures, then gently mentioned the other unscrupulous tricks, well a couple of them, used by other libraries... :-)) Result, new set of figures and we got back our fifth place!

Took the amusing pic yesterday, was just approaching the point where I was going to turn back and head for home when I spotted 'this' thru two sandhills... looks like a flying saucer, in fact it is our new swimming baths. It is begging to be amusingly scrapped! In fact it also gave me an idea for a scrap challenge...

Just got back from hospital, mum had to go for an echo cardiogram, or as she insists on calling it an echo scan. Her heart is still ticking and making all the right noises, and her ecg looked fine to me.

Hopefully it will be a quiet week at work, most of the children are back at school... bliss. Boss is back from hol, but she is up to her armpits in doing end of year stats. I get to finish at 1pm tomorrow, so will be home in time to watch the bibster on QVC.

No comments:

Visitors