Saturday 29 March 2008

Oops...

It occurred to me yesterday that I was due a new debit card, given the state of our postal service I was starting to get nervous, old card runs out soon, and no sign of new card! Until that is I went thru the stash of mail that has piled up, yep, there it was... new card... then again had you seen our postie this morning you'd also have been on tenterhooks. I was doing the washing up, spotted half asleep postie try to open gate (how difficult is it to open a garden gate?), tramp up path then tramp back out, two minutes later doorbell rang, it was our downstairs neighbour, handing me my post, which postie had put thru his door! Not the first time its happened, in fact it is happening more and more, last Saturday we got our post at 4.30 pm!

Was hoping that the Beeb had got the forecast wrong, woke to sunshine and blue skies, but by 11.30 a.m sky was slate grey and the first drops of rain were falling. By time I got to supermarket to pick up mum it was lashing down - horizontally! So after lunch settled down to.. a spot of card making, remembered I'd still got two outstanding birthday cards to make. After I'd polished off those, wanted to make one more card, and to use the new stamp I got the other week...

So, chose a Jollynation pet, took one of the cards from the LGC stuff, and one of the circles, cut out the cat, then stamped onto the circle with a black versamark inkpad, sprinkled on some enamel powder and heated it up... quickest card of the afternoon. Love the expression on the cat's face, Beth Hughes is soooo talented, but it was a perfect match to what the stamp said!

Big day tomorrow, our derby match, Liverpool versus Everton, I am from the blue half of the city.... so come one EVERTON! Depending on weather, and whether or not the Beeb have got our forecast right, they actually say it is hard to give a forecast for this part of the country... er... yeah, right! They do get it wrong a lot of the time, yesterday they said we'd have wall to wall rain, not so... it did clear up for a while in the afternoon. Where was I, oh, yeah, well depending on weather, may go for a walk along beach, get papers and saunter home to a BB - bacon butty. Then to some scrapbooking, or should I get to grips with DM? Mmmm, or listen to match...

No comments:

Visitors