Thursday 14 February 2008

Got another parcel of goodies!

Just what I needed, a lovely suprise waiting for me when I got home - a parcel of goodies. What I like is that I can never remember what I've ordered, so it is like opening a present! I did recall ordering the vellum butterflies, and the CD of card verses, and yes the card toppers, and yep the corner stencil (another butterfly) and the flower stencil but... could not remember ordering the sheets of dufex decoupage.... why would I order that, not my thing.... checked my order, and yep, I did order it! Oh well, guess I'll have to figure out what to do with it.

Watched my DVD on how to use my new set of chalks, discovered some useful tips for scrapbooking. Also realised what I'd been doing wrong during my mini play with the chalks, I'd not loaded the brush properly. There are lots of other ideas on the DVD as well.

It was a nice way to end a stressful day/week. Even my laid back colleague flipped when the kids once again started messing about, and it takes a lot to make him lose his temper. One kid was whizzing about on those stupid wheelie shoes... not giving any thought for anyone else, we have a lot of elderly customers, some have poor vision, the last thing they need is some silly brat whizzing around. Felt very sorry for a little girl, she'd come in with her mum and new baby sister, the mother was totally besotted with the baby, and ignored her young daughter who was crying out for some simple attention. We did our best, giving her colouring sheets and chatting to her, looking at the books she brought up for us to see... but it really tugged at my heart when she asked if one of us could read her a story... we simply didn't have enough staff, I said her mum would read to her, she then said: my mum never reads to me. The mother, baby, little girl plus 'father' returned a few hours later, this time both parents ignored both children while they spent time in chatrooms! GRRRRRRRR. I chose not to have children because I liked being unfettered, knew that I had neither the time or patience to devote to a child, I love all of my nephews and nieces to bits, and enjoyed spending time with them when they were very young, but was happy to hand them back to their parents. In fact spending time with them made me more aware of the huge responsibility you have as a parent, and how much time a child needs. Then I see these stupid bits of kids getting pregnant, and it is okay while the child is still in the cute baby stage, but once it gets to four... it is ignored, shoved aside, left to its own devices. Little wonder they play up in shops, libraries, mess around, it is their way of saying: I want attention, I want someone to value me.

And how about this for an OTT reaction? Outside our library there are some cycle racks, at lunch time someone spotted two youths attempting to hacksaw their way thru a chain (holding bike to rack), someone rang police... not one, not two, not three, not four... but FIVE police cars/vans descended to arrest these youths. Yet when we call the police about unruly youths in our area we get told that no-one can respond! Mmmm, it occured to me that the OTT response was due to the incident being in a very public space, outside a library, Job Centre and busy shopping centre. Perhaps the police would like to take note, that we'd feel more reassured if they'd respond to calls in poor areas, and nip in the bud the anti social behaviour being displayed by youths before it takes hold.

I was on my way back from lunch when I spotted all the action, my first thought was that something had happened in the libray, and yikes: I was the one in charge of it! I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I found it had nothing to do with us.

No pics today, no crafting. But now off till next Thursday, so hopefully there'll be lots of pics to share.... even some dufex stuff - what the heck do you do with it?

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

Hi Cass, there are some awful parents about, they should do parenting classes and exams, and if they fail have the kids given to better homes!

As for all those police - when you hear so often about them not arriving for hours to serious crimes it makes you wonder what is going on! Maybe they are all up for bonuses on their arrest rate and this was an easy one!

Take it easy buddy,

Cazzy xx

Visitors